Covid 19 spread across the country, and the traditional peak season for job-hopping after the holiday is coming. The original job search and recruitment plans were disrupted by the disease, and job seekers and corporate HR became more anxious.
After the resumption of work, companies will also start recruiting. However, due to the tight budget and the delay of offline job fairs under the epidemic situation, how should HR, which is the key to the input of corporate talents. I think choosing the right recruitment platform is very important!
We did an experiment and chose ZipRecruiter and Indeed as example. After a week of free use, we summarize the use of the platforms and the results of recruitment.
Comprehensive analysis of recruitment platform
The positioning of companies affiliated to the recruitment platform also affects the characteristics of talents on the platform. Comprehensive recruitment companies recruit more talents, senior talents gather in senior companies, and specialized talents gather in vertical companies.
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace that leverages Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered smart matching technology to actively connect millions of employers and job seekers.They have over 700 employees in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Israel. Their headquarters is located in Santa Monica, California. Since our inception in 2010, we’ve helped over 1.8 million businesses of all sizes (from SMBs to Fortune 500 companies) find great candidates. ZipRecruiter are rated #1 by employers in the U.S. 80% of employers who post a job on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate within the first day. Over 25 million job seekers come to their site on average each month. Every day, 9 million active job postings are available to search
They have the #1 rated job search app on Android and iOS.
Indeed is an American worldwide employment website for job listings launched in November 2004. It is a subsidiary of Japan’s Recruit Co. Ltd. and is co-headquartered in Austin, Texas and Stamford, Connecticut with additional offices around the world. .
Online communication analysis
On the new ways of online recruitment, Ziprecruiter is at the forefront of the industry, and Indeed needs to be strengthened.
The widespread use of social tools has gradually changed the way people communicate, and online communication and interviews have gradually been accepted by the public. Especially during the current epidemic, online interviews have become more popular.
The selection of suitable resumes only completes the “small step” of recruitment, and further communication is needed to achieve the wishes of both parties. At present, online communication methods can be used on the PC and mobile terminals on the four major platforms, but the ease of use is different.
- From the perspective of online communication functions, Ziprecruiter contains many communication method, including message, call requests, skype requests, and interview requirements. Indeed communication lacks most of the commonly used method. It can only send text communication and send interview notices, and it is limited to 50 times a week, and the number of free communication is relatively small.
2. The efficient communication is the key, if the job seeker responds after three days, this will make HR really anxious. Through online communication with 100 people on Ziprecruiter and Indeed, Indeed can only select 50 people to communicate online due to restrictions. After counting the message response rate within 3 days, it is found that the response rate exceeded 50% for Ziprecruiter and there was a significant increase in responses in the next two days. The high feedback rate also reflects the higher user activity and the more effective resume on the platform;
The response rate of Indeed was relatively low on the same day, and there was no significant increase in the next two days.
3.Online interviews during the epidemic are the greatest protection and respect for job seekers. Affected by the epidemic, job seekers and corporate HRs appear to be more anxious. Originally, New year recruitment was a critical period for rapid recruitment and rapid employment. Now due to the epidemic, there is even more shortage of manpower.
Offline interviewers have poor traffic and worry about virus infection. Fortunately, the voice interview and video interview functions don’t have to wear a mask in the offline interview to be silly and unclear. It also lets the friends who are still in the quarantine seems to find a new way of job hunting.
At present, only ZipRecruiters support both PC and mobile voice and video interview functions.
The interview of ZipRecruitment can actively choose to mute and turn off video screen, which can avoid embarrassing scenes in the interview process.
4 Analysis of platform ease of use. First of all, searching by position is an indispensable function for HR to search for positions, which can reduce unnecessary repetitive input. ZipRecruiters direct employment have set this function, but Indeed does not have this feature. Through the analysis of working years, study and salary matching degree, overall, ZipRecruiters has the highest matching degree by job search.
Secondly, in terms of platform, the ZipRecruitersAPP can invite the employing manager to join with one click, and can forward resumes and synchronize communication records to email with one click, which reduces the cost of internal communication.
Resume recommendation analysis
How to choose from recommended resume ? The most direct judgment condition should be to analyze from the working years, academic qualifications and salary matching.
- Matching degree of working years;According to the recruitment needs, the working life is required to be 3-5 years. Through the analysis of recommended resumes, ZipRecruiters recruits the largest proportion of meeting the requirements, which is 48.74%. And Indeed 33.97%. In summary, ZipRecruiters has the highest matching accuracy rate in terms of working years.
- Degree of matching of academic qualifications
- From the perspective of educational distribution, the resumes recommended by ZipRecruiters and Indeed all beyond bachelor’s degree, with an accuracy rate of 100%.
- Salary matching
Salary is generally considered as a key consideration in recruitment, and the degree of matching is often a prerequisite for further interviews. Through the analysis of whether the expected salary range in the recommended resume and the salary range of the recruitment position overlap, ZipRecruiters has the highest overlap rate of 55.98%, and Indeed is 36.67%.
From the perspective of comprehensive experience, working years, learning and salary matching, ZipRecruiters ranks first in terms of working years and academic qualifications.
The free trial link is here, you can have a try https://ziprecruiter.fdcm73.net/c/1437852/702374/10589